The session is about quick and inventive play around the edge of the 18-yard box. It’s about being inventive, firstly in tight areas, then progressing into a large area to finish with an end product. MORE
U7 3v3 to the cone game to teach your players to think about the direction of their dribbling
Use this fun 3v3 game to get your players thinking about which direction they dribble and pass the ball.
- Set up a 15 x 15 yards area with a coloured cone at each end. You need a number of balls to serve into the game.
- Split the players into two teams. Give the teams coloured bibs that match the cones and explain that they play towards the cone that is the same colour as the other team.
- When the team has the ball all players should be running forward. They are aiming to hit the cone with the ball. If they are successful or the ball goes out of play, the game is restarted.
- Try to get players to pass the ball. Don’t worry about constant turnover of the ball to the opposition because it will happen a lot in a game like this at this age group.
- Each restart should be from the coach and players should get back into their own side of the pitch each time.
Get your copy of EasiCoach U7-U8 Soccer Skills Activities today.